Ponsonby Intermediate School
Refund Policy for International Students
1. No Refunds Will Be Made Where:
a. Students are asked to leave the School by the Board of Trustees (“the Board”) due to violation of School rules or breach of the conditions of the contracts signed for International fee paying
b. Students wish to transfer to another
c. Students return home for any reason other than the students serious illness or serious or the serious illness or death of a close member of the family.
d. Students acquire permanent residence after having enrolled at the School.
2. If the withdrawal is prior to the student attending the School, the fees paid will be refunded, less the administration costs incurred by the
3. In order to be eligible for any refund the parent or legal guardian must apply in writing to the Board setting out the special circumstances of the
4. The Board may refund to the person who paid (in respect of the student’s enrolment in the subject, course or programme) fees paid to the school (or the sum of any instalments paid in respect of those fees) any amount it thinks appropriate not exceeding the sum of the following amounts:
a. The Board’s best estimate of the cost to the Board (including the appropriate proportion of any initial or start-up costs of the subject, course or programme) for one student up to that
b. An amount that is in the Board’s opinion an appropriate reflection of the use made by one student receiving tuition in the subject, course or programme, of the Board’s capital
c. The appropriate proportion of the amount (if any) paid by the Board with respect to foreign
d. All other fees (if any) prescribed by the
5. In arriving at a decision the Principal will take into consideration the special circumstances of the withdrawing student and deduct an amount from the fees to cover:
a. Costs already incurred by the
b. The salaries of the teachers and support staff and any other components of the fee already committed for the duration of the
c. Amount that cover use of the facilities and resources to
d. Payment of the foreign student’s levy to the Government.
6. The Board will ensure that the school always has sufficient funds to be able to return to students any fees, should the School for some reason be unable to provide or continue to provide a course or programme to an International Student.
- All contracts will be subject to New Zealand Law.
I have read and understand the Ponsonby Intermediate School Refund Policy for International Students.
Parent/Guardian: Date: _________
Student’s Full Name: Date:__________onson